Hockey Tour of the Netherlands
Students who want to practice their hockey skills against other teams while visiting a foreign country will love this tour in the Netherlands. Not only will they hone their skills but they will also see some of the Netherlands main sights during this tour.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day One: Arrive in Amsterdam
- When the group arrives in Amsterdam a local assistant will meet them. They will board their coach and travel to Amsterdam city centre to check-in at their hotel. After a short rest a local guide will show them around Amsterdam. The tour will lead them past iconic sights such as the Dam Square where they Royal Palace is located, the floating flower market and the Herengracht Canal. This tour will give them a good introduction to the city. Or maybe take the tour by bike; just like the local Dutch people do it.
Day Two: First Match
- This morning the group will have their first match fixture. A fixture will be organized for them against a local hockey club in Amsterdam. Our services include everything from the rental of the pitch to arranging an umpire for the match. This way the group can enjoy the game without any worries. In the afternoon they can enjoy a relaxing canal cruise in Amsterdam.
Day Three: Zaandam/Amsterdam
- The Netherlands is famous for its windmills so the students will travel to Zaandam where they will visit the Zaanse Schans area. In this area the 18th and 19th century is brought back to life. Enjoy the smell of fresh bread from the bakery in one of the wooden houses, see how clogs are made and taste some Dutch cheese at the cheese factory! A visit to Amsterdam would not be complete without a visit to the Anne Frank museum. The story of the young Jewish girl has moved millions of people and the museum does an excellent job of bringing her story to life.
Day Four: First training in Den Haag
- Say farewell to Amsterdam and board your coach to Den Haag. This lively coastal city will be the students training ground for the next couple of days. In the afternoon they will visit one of the local hockey clubs in Den Haag for a training session with a local coach. Afterwards the students can relax and explore Den Haag at leisure. Or they can brave the cold of the North Sea for a swim.
Day Five: Second Match
- In the morning the group will face their second Dutch opponent of this week. A match fixture will be set up against a local team in Den Haag. After the post-match function they will travel back to their hotel. This afternoon they will learn more about the history of Den Haag when a local guide takes them around the city. In particular the students will learn more about the Dutch Golden Age with a visit to the Mauritshouse which houses a vast collection of masterpieces by famous painters such as Vermeer.
Day Six: Second training in Den Haag
- The group will be able to hone their skills in a second training with a local trainer in Den Haag. Afterwards the students can relax and explore Den Haag at leisure.
Day Seven: Utrecht/Third Match
- Leave Den Haag behind you and travel to Utrecht. This city with its medieval Old Town has a lot of history so today they will take a guided bike tour through the streets of Utrecht. And from the top of the Dom Tower they will have an excellent view over this stunning city. In the afternoon they will meet a local hockey team for their third match fixture.
Day Eight: Third training in Utrecht
- The group will have their last training session in the Netherlands today. A local hockey trainer will lead the training session after which they will be free to explore Utrecht some more by themselves.
Day Nine: Amersfoort/Fourth Match
- Their last match fixture against a local team will take place in Amersfoort just outside of Utrecht. After the match wander around the medieval city centre and take in the sights.
Day Ten: Efteling
- Return to London with the remainder of the day at leisure.
- Gather again in the evening for dinner and a theatre performance.
Day Eleven: Departure
- Leave Utrecht today and transfer to Amsterdam Schiphol airport for your return flight home.